Lenovo driver + imaging

Brendan

Good hello. I've been trying to get some Lenovo drivers from the Lenovo SCCM packs to work with imaging, but when I make the association in FW, it doesn't show up below the image association, and if I try to make the association again, it says it's already associated. Also, when I drop the image, it doesn't install the drivers. We're just now setting up FW for Windows imaging, so I'm new to this part. Has anyone dealt with this before?

• 2 weeks later...

The first issue looks like a refresh issue - if you restart the admin, is the sub association showing properly ? If yes, this can be related to some of the notification system issues we fixed in 14.9.

On the installation side - there is no easy way to tell Windows to install a specific driver during imaging process. The way it works is that Windows allows (via a registry setting), to specify a folder where you can copy drivers, and Windows will look into this directory when it installs and requires a driver.

So when you have a driver association, what we do is that we make sure that drivers are copied in a specific directory after restoring an image, and that the registry setting is properly set to look into this directory.