FileWave Client missing in Finder Bar

CrispyToast

Morning everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has run into this issue. We're running FileWave On-Prem and I've noticed the user can't see the FileWave Client/Kiosk on their top menu bar (picture included for reference). I can confirm the client is running based on Activity Monitor but my users can't use the on-demand feature or force a device check in because the FileWave flag is not present.

Hardware details:

Server is on Prem running Linux

FileWave server version is 14.8.0

Client Specifications:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

macOS 12.6.1 (issue is also present on macOS 12.5.1 and 12.4. We're a recent deployment so all machines are on macOS 12).

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 10.32.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-05 at 10.33.17 AM.png

• Moderators

1) Do you have a kiosk associated fileset already?

2) When you look at client info for that device in the Admin does the fileset show in the list

If the first 2 are yes then one thing that can be an issue is if a client is pointed at a Booster that is having communication issues. I suppose check on the first 2 things but likely going down the path of a support ticket is probably the best/fastest route. 

You also need to check if fwcld process is running. FileWave Kiosk is the process running in the User scope, while fwcld is the agent / daemon running as root in the background.

As @Josh Levitsky answered, the icon shows in the menu bar if:

• fwcld can connect to the server (directly or via boosters)
  • there are kiosk associated filesets (by default ; you can configure the client to always be visible but by default it only shows up if there are kiosk filesets).

To ease support ticket, you can prepare client log (and raise log level, this usually helps).

• Like 1