Booster OS Preference

mback

In the Knowledge Base it talks about using centOS for the boosters.

Is centOS still recommended or would switching distributions be fine?

CentOS 8 is past end of life and CentOS 7 end of life is on June 30, 2024. Info Here

For example, Rocky Linux? Info here about CentOS vs Rocky Linux

I wanted to ask before doing anything, but I plan on trying out Rocky Linux and seeing if it works in parallel with our current centOS boosters.

I plan on switching out one of our buildings booster if it works fine in parallel. 

I don't want to put in this work if Rocky Linux (or another distribution) is not recommended, yet.

• Moderators

Hi @mbackwe should have a path announced by June of this year. As you mentioned centOS 7 basically has a year and a half left and we have been working on the solution with a goal of announcing it by June. I’d stay stay with centOS 7 for the moment and we will give you a path. In particular you may want to look at AlmaLinux but it won’t work for you just yet. 

10 hours ago, Josh Levitsky said:

Hi @mbackwe should have a path announced by June of this year. As you mentioned centOS 7 basically has a year and a half left and we have been working on the solution with a goal of announcing it by June. I’d stay stay with centOS 7 for the moment and we will give you a path. In particular you may want to look at AlmaLinux but it won’t work for you just yet. 

Thank you for the update! I saw AlmaLinux when searching but never used it, I knew about Rocky Linux and read/watched some about it so that was the first one to pop into my head.

• Like 1