Team Viewer

Joe Caparco

Not that i use TeamViewer in our environment, but what exactly are you seeing? 

For example:

• What have you tried and what is occurring? 
  • What documentation are you referring to and what steps are not working?
  • "Not working" can mean so many things.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Joe Caparco said:

When I install the client it is asking for a license.  

Is that on macOS, Windows, or iPadOS? Or all? This one is complicated by the multiple platforms, but I know for macOS and Windows where I'm assuming the license question would come up the FileSets here;

https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327902/TeamViewer+macOS+Client+Setup

https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327890/TeamViewer+Windows+Client+Setup

Those will help you get the TeamViewer Host client on your machines and shouldn't ask about a license. The full version of TeamViewer that you'd want to run on your FileWave Admin machines would mention a license, but you can run it without a license. It'll not force you to have one and we've handled all the legality of it with TeamViewer. 

In the case of iPadOS ( https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327912/TeamViewer+iOS+iPadOS+Client+Setup ) it's just installing QuickSupport so I'm imaginging your question was about either your admin machine or your clients. 

• 1 month later...

I have the client on a test machine. Full version on mine as admin.... still can't get it going. is there any logging in or a service that we have to greenlight on our admin machines to get this going? I went through the SOP on this and even did a custom tvopt, but no luck

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, M_Rush said:

I have the client on a test machine. Full version on mine as admin.... still can't get it going.

Do you get the option to start a session and it doesn't or do you not even have the ability to pick to start a session with a device? If you pick to start a session is there an error? It might go faster to go with a support case but then it'd be great to come back here and talk about where things were stuck. As far as something to greenlight your admin you just have to be sure that you've assigned a Team Viewer license to the admin which is done in Assistants -> Manage Administrators and have at least TeamViewer Host if it's mac or windows (TV does also work on Android/ChromeOS/iPad) and make sure you aren't blocking the ports that TV uses. There is a link to TV's ports list on the FW ports list at the top of the page: https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4329171/Default+TCP+and+UDP+Port+Usage

Josh,

Definitely not a TV issue. If I open TV directly and then use the host ID number I am able to gain access. 

Licensing is all done and confirmed.

If I attempt using "Prompt user", it opens a TeamViewer session on my computer but holds at "Please wait until your partner joins the session". 

If I attempt using "Don't prompt user" I get a filewave pop up that just says"Filewave is connecting to TeamViewer", but nothing happens.

This interaction is the same from the webUI or from the Filewave admin. I have deleted any form of TeamViewer on my computer and re-installed to make sure that the system was seeing the full version. 

Any input or things I should look at, would be much appreciated!

Edited by M_Rush

• Moderators

Sorry on my delay. I was driving today. Would anything block you from getting to rcs.filewave.com on 443 by chance? That's the server that does the connection between FileWave Admin + Client + TeamViewer. Also fwpn.filewave.com is the other server used in this connection also on 443. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 11:36 AM, Josh Levitsky said:

Is that on macOS, Windows, or iPadOS? Or all? This one is complicated by the multiple platforms, but I know for macOS and Windows where I'm assuming the license question would come up the FileSets here;

https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327902/TeamViewer+macOS+Client+Setup

https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327890/TeamViewer+Windows+Client+Setup

Those will help you get the TeamViewer Host client on your machines and shouldn't ask about a license. The full version of TeamViewer that you'd want to run on your FileWave Admin machines would mention a license, but you can run it without a license. It'll not force you to have one and we've handled all the legality of it with TeamViewer. 

In the case of iPadOS ( https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327912/TeamViewer+iOS+iPadOS+Client+Setup ) it's just installing QuickSupport so I'm imaginging your question was about either your admin machine or your clients. 

So when I try to use Teamviewer, following the instructions for Windows, when I try to connect to a client, it opens a browser on their side, download's a file, then they have to install that file. Our users dont have permission to install any executable file. So how is this going to work ?

On 11/4/2022 at 12:42 PM, Josh Levitsky said:

Do you get the option to start a session and it doesn't or do you not even have the ability to pick to start a session with a device? If you pick to start a session is there an error? It might go faster to go with a support case but then it'd be great to come back here and talk about where things were stuck. As far as something to greenlight your admin you just have to be sure that you've assigned a Team Viewer license to the admin which is done in Assistants -> Manage Administrators and have at least TeamViewer Host if it's mac or windows (TV does also work on Android/ChromeOS/iPad) and make sure you aren't blocking the ports that TV uses. There is a link to TV's ports list on the FW ports list at the top of the page: https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4329171/Default+TCP+and+UDP+Port+Usage

Edited by Joe Caparco

So when I try to use Teamviewer, following the instructions for Windows, when I try to connect to a client, it opens a browser on their side, download's a file, then they have to install that file. Our users dont have permission to install any executable file. So how is this going to work ?

So I am totally lost on this TeamViewer thing ! - I assigned the license in our management console, but when I log into TeamViewer with those credential, it says it the FREE version.

Now I am trying to build a custom host file that I can push out for unattended access, but I can not do that because I am using the free version. What am I doing wrong ? 

• Moderators

It may make sense to walk through the videos here: https://foundry.filewave.com/course/view.php?id=19 as we just published a step by step on each platform. Remember to sign in to Foundry pick "Login via SSO" and use the same login you use here and for support cases. Maybe that's a good next step since we just published it and it may explain a missing step. Although yes you do use the non-licensed installs of TeamViewer with us but then licensing is handled by us with TeamViewer. One shortcoming of thee way this was done was that you can't access their portal to customize the install in their nice website that makes it really easy to customize graphically so that's one thing lost that hopefully in the future we can work out how to get folks access to. 

I did follow those videos. When I download the host client from your website https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/4327890/TeamViewer+Windows+Client+Setup

the Fileset does not contain the files the video shows? This is the Fileset I downloaded from the above link .. seem like there is a lot more missing that the Fileset in the Windows video you referred me to 

Screenshot_20221118_040436.png

• Moderators

Humm I just downloaded it and all is normal but the odd thing is in the above it looks like maybe you added a folder called FWClient that had the .fileset folder. Maybe it's about how you added it. When looking at the Filesets window you can drag and drop the fileset on to it to add it. Ensure that when you download the fileset from the KB that you unzip it and then drag and drop the fileset that should look something like below on to the Filesets window. 

180287354_Downloads2022-11-18at4_32_04PM.jpg.4297697afd4cd4116c351c262d101528.jpg

It should look like this inside when added... 

1751934790_FilesetContentsTeamViewerHostWindows12022-11-18at4_32_58PM.jpg.6a8fd56a9d03800ef70066bb514d6f1e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If I install TeamViewer Remote Control app onto an iPad, can I use FileWave Anywhere to establish a TeamViewer session with another iOS/Desktop device?

Currently, I'm not seeing the ability (within FileWave Anywhere) to connect (via TeamViewer) to any of my iOS device.

Additionally, when I try establishing a Remote Session to a desktop device (from an iPad) I am not presented with a dialog message, prompting me to launch the TeamViewer app.

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 13.35.13.png

On iOS, you need to install:

Once the device reports that both apps are installed, the option should show up.

Note that to work, you need to make sure that end user accepted notifications for FileWave kiosk - when you start remote session, a notification is sent to the kiosk app with the "magic link", which tells Quick Support all information related to the remote session.

• Moderators
On 11/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, AnEngelsen said:

The FileWave Anywhere app presents me with the following error message:

RCS is the service that does handle the TV session. Since this is FileWave Anywhere and you are hosted then that would seem odd to see that timeout. To me that feels like something that support may have to see why that is throwing that error. I took a look and your server itself seems to be able to reach rcs.filewave.com so it seems odd.