IOS 16 allows the sharing of all SSID paswords

Tim Lucas

• Moderators

I think in iOS 15 this became a thing and we do have in Profiles.... Let me know if I'm wrong, but I believe "Allow password sharing" is the restriction you want to set. You'd want it not checked so that it wouldn't be allowed. This image comes from a FileWave 14.8.0 server. 

254644121_ProfileEditor2022-10-13at5_37_22PM.jpg.3a83632df40d32702933519b1c375e01.jpg

We have those two items unchecked on our iOS restriction profile for staff and students. For macOS it is on the Functionality tab of the Restrictions. This is the article I found on password sharing - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209368. I did confirm with my work phone (restriction in place) and personal phone that Password sharing did not work even with all of the prerequisites in place.

• Moderators
On 10/14/2022 at 4:32 PM, Tim Lucas said:

We informed that in IOS 16  users can view the SSID password?  Is this something that can be restricted?

I'm not sure that there is a restriction that exists yet for that from Apple. If I see something or if someone else does maybe they can add to this thread. 

-Josh