Profile issue with macOS Ventura

vdubar

Has anyone else seen this issue?  I updated to Ventura on a new MacBook Pro. After updating, I now get this message in the Wallpaper settings: “Changing the wallpaper is controlled by a profile.” I have not changed the profile settings that are applied to this group of computers. Computers in the same group that are still on Monterey do not get this message. What setting would cause this?

It's the payload for modifying the wallpaper. Despite being checked it's blocked in Ventura 13.0.1.

We solved it by just deleting that part of the xml.

1. Export the profile
  2. delete this text:
    <key>allowWallpaperModification</key>
    <true />
  3. Import the profile (updating the current profile - or create new for testing, that your choice)

N.B. The pasted image is the default settings from FileWave Admin, for a more visual view.

image.png.3ac7b67d298240b0963885c77d0729ea.png

• Moderators

It would be probably great if someone could open a support ticket on https://help.filewave.com as it seems like this is something we should be handling better. I also mentioned it to @Derek Deckard but if someone could open a ticket it would help track and then we could update the ticket(s) with the outcome. If one of you already reported it then thank you. 

You rang? Vdubar has an existing ticket with FileWave Support. It looks like he reached out to the forums while we were investigating. Thanks for the assist @P-M! I believe the current issue resides with the upload of the Profile in FileWave Anywhere (web) versus FileWave Admin (native). I would export the Profile, make the necessary changes, import it back into FileWave Admin (native) using the drag and drop method, and then deploy without opening the Profile. It's been my experience FileWave will try to add our settings to a Profile after it has been imported if you open it within Admin. 

Please continue to engage with Support if you are still experiencing issues with the Profile after the suggested changes.