Questions to the FileWave-Client-Installation 14.9.1 (MSI)

Matthias L

Hi there,

ich have installed manually three clients with my self created MSI-File. Client is running fine an pushing the data to the server.

However, the Client Monitor is not working. I have to create myself a Firewall Inbound-rule TCP Port 20010 to correct this. First question, does this happen to anyone else here ? Or did i do something wrong at the creation process ?

Second question: Is about the logfile. So i want to have a look to the filewave-client-installation-log to see, if there where errors at the installation, i did not recognize.

But the log-location, like it is wrote in the KB does not exist "C:\ProgramData\FileWave\FileWaveInstallerLogfiles\". Last folder does not exist.

Did the location for MSI-Installation went elsewhere ?

Cheers

Matthias

• Administrators

Hi Matthias,

Client Monitor uses Port 20010 from FileWave Admin to FileWave Client, as described here. Bottom Page, you will find a Graphic.

To your second question regarding the Logfiles. For Windows Clients you should find the Logfiles in this location C:\ProgramData\FileWave\FWClient\fwcld.log

As described here.

Could you share the Link where the KB tells you the location you mentioned?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Andreas,

yes i know, which Port is used. The Problem, was, that with the filewave-installation, this ports was not opend automaticly.

Perhaps i missunderstood the Log-File-Dokumentations. I'm searching for the original-msi-Installation-log for the initial installation of the Client.

FileWave Log File Locations - Knowledge Base - FileWave Knowledge Base (atlassian.net)

Though i could found this unter Installer (PKG / MSI) Logs

In the file you mentioned, ich could not find anything about the installation-process for the filewave-client itself. (By the way, i can't un-bold the text here in the tool, sorry. Using Edge)

Cheers

Matthias

• Administrators

Uh, you meant Windows Firewall. Sorry, I thought you talked about "a" Firewall. 

No, I have not seen this.

Anyone else in here have seen this behaviour?

Regarding Logfiles, in Windows 10 and Windows 11, I do see C:\ProgramData\FileWave\FileWaveInstallerLogfiles\ 

Shall we have a look together on your installation?

If so, feel free to contact me via Email or Discord. 

Best regards

Bildschirmfoto 2023-03-16 um 14.46.21.png

Thanks Andreas,

let me first try to upgrade my filewave-server  to the newest version and recreate the client-msi-package and come back here with a result. perhaps this is something special about my setup or version.

If i have the same behaviour, i'll contact you by mail.

Thanks a lot

Matthias