14.9.2 Released to address VPP sync issue

• Moderators

Hi all,

We ran in to something that wasn't a bug in 14.9.1, but rather a change in the way Apple numbers apps in VPP so it actually was something that could break Apple VPP in any version of FileWave. The issue is FWRD-1372 Fixed an issue where Apple App Store item with greater than 32 bits ID would stop synchronization with VPP service. It would be seen on any version of FileWave prior to 14.9.2 when you add a new VPP app that may have released in the past couple of weeks. The issue would be seen by VPP sync no longer working because the sync would hang on the new very large ID number. @Pierre-Nicolas posted about it on Tuesday here in the forums. So if you are a hosted customer, and wondered why we hadn't sent out an email yet that we were updating your server it is because we know VPP is critical to so many, and we pushed hard to get 14.9.2 out quickly with this single change. Next week you should start to see our Hosting Ops team reach out to upgrade you and if you are an on-premise customer you can get 14.9.2 right now from our downloads page: https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOW/pages/95125505/FileWave+Version+14.9.2

Thank you for your patience. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi @HCCSC John H 14.9.2 will take care of newer VPP apps that have a large ID number but if you are seeing issues with existing VPP apps that show up in your console then the fix does not relate to that. However we did fix close to 200 bugs in 14.9.2 and it is very possible that your issue was addressed and I think going to 14.9.2 is a good idea and then look if there are still issues. VPP 2.0 my understanding is we can turn it on with you for a server but we've been waiting to see that it actually performs better than VPP 1.0 before making it the default. If @Pierre-Nicolas is on here I know he knows this topic, but from my understanding VPP 2.0 isn't yet much better than VPP 1.0. If you are not yet engaged with support about the VPP distribution issues then I'd say that would be good to do so @Derek Deckard's team could engage. I wish I had a quicker answer like "Yes it does fix it" but I'm not 100% sure. Searching for VPP in the Changes and Fixes in 14.9.2 section here https://fwkb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOW/pages/95125505/FileWave+Version+14.9.2 doesn't show me a VPP issue that sounds like it would relate to distribution issues.